Pain

Diposkan oleh Zainal Arifain

One of the occasional aspects of doing an engineering type job is the potential to do yourself a mischief. Today I managed it quite well in that I was using a bottle jack to push an aligning jig into position to compress two heavy duty springs when the jig snapped. The springs uncompressed and flung one part of the jig straight into my face causing bruising, swelling, lacerated the inside of my gums and gave what look like scorch marks but is really a weird looking abbrasion just below my mouth on my right hand side, a sort of port wine moustache.
I was fortunate, I didn't lose any teeth, nor other appendages, but it brought me face to face with Murphy's law, in that anything that can go wrong will.
As a consequence, I made a new jig, something that wont snap, or bend and is better balanced than the old one, it's probably proof up to being hit by a depleted uranium shell from a tank. It's also heavier too, but unless I drop it on myself I should be ok.
As I'm back at work tomorrow early I can't even drown my sorrows.

Damn.

{ 0 komentar... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment

Comment Here!