Knight of the pen

Diposkan oleh Zainal Arifain

Hearing the words "journalist", most people imagine, Coy graduated from the journalism and Philology, which operates in the state, so the newspaper or TV-station and prepare the materials on issues of the day, interviewing some politicians as well as singers, talks about the incident for week as well, etc. Well now imagine a human being, a proper journalism or in life is not studying, he works a barber, a trainer in accordance with aerobics, cardio or a programmer (but in this case as well as anywhere else does not work), about him like a hobby - Growing cacti restoration of ancient automobiles, ice fishing, or chronicle of ancient Greece - but in his spare time he writes articles on topics of interest to him, and also sells the articles in different magazines. It will also be a "free the journalist."

For ex-USSR sort individual may look unusual, but in the West, such kind of journalism is very popular and from 50 until 90 percent of the content of many magazines (including those known as "Playboy", "Cosmopolitan" or "National Geographic") supply so "free journalists." Given in this case that it is only in the U.S. today makes a lot of 13.000 newspapers and magazines, you can estimate the approximate number of "free journalists' moonlighting (or, less frequently, making a living) writing and selling articles.
How do I start ...

A few years back I began writing articles - just that way, to my own pleasure. I really did not plan to make in such a way so as worked as a programmer and did not experience a lack of money. A couple of articles I published in the Russian edition, but since that time I talked a lot with the Americans, I wanted to print some of their own articles in an American magazine. After a couple of unsuccessful attempts, I asked the independent board about her boyfriend-American, which, as I knew, often published in this journal. It is quite more specifically explained to me that it ought to act, has helped me to prepare a message to the editor ...

Some time later I received a reply from the editor. "We are interested in your article" - wrote one - and we are all ready to put it in the next issue of our magazine. All we can offer you $ 120 for your article. " WHAT? One hundred and twenty dollars? " I do not think it is I get paid ... Should I mention what I agreed to order the editor? More than that, I liked the very option: to acquire denyuzhku for an article, which I and so I write for my own pleasure. I tried to learn more about how to succeed as if "free journalist" - and began to strike sharply articles for sale, published in Western journals, purchase dollar fees. Also, although I'm still not consider myself a "pro" for excellent "player's amateur league," according to my opinion, I am quite pull.
WHO CAN TO EARN?

{ 0 komentar... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment

Comment Here!